Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Took a brief hiatus from updating: last week was spring break, and I wasn't feeling especially internet-y. Also, though I was technically on "break," I was actually frantically revising my thesis, which has to be done and distributed to my committee by April 3rd. I spent a few long days at the public library (which is a lot louder than you might expect a library to be)/Neilson library (which is the perfect library volume)/Starbucks. Am feeling better about my thesis now - though, make no mistake, I am still working frantically - but will feel better when it's totally done.

To half-assedly make up for lost time, here is a list of updates from spring break(!):

1) Bike riding! It was semi-warm out this week (high 40s/50s), and I finally got my bike out of storage and road-ready. The trails were mostly clear, minus a few snowy patches; I took three nice rides. It's colder this week...might wait until the springlike weather returns before taking more rides. Yes: I am wussy in this regard.

2) BASKETBALL. Watched both Wisconsin games while drinking promotion ally-priced Miller Lite and enjoying deep-fried snacks. Midwestern, right? Sadly, Wisconsin was out of the tournament after round two, and Marquette is also out. Who(m) will I cheer for? Not sadly, I won a basketball and a hat through the beer promotion. Huzzah!

I have no idea what I'll do with a Miller Lite hat, but this is not my point.

3) I Love You, Man. Saw it on opening night (a real feat for me, the cinephobe...or however you would classify a person who is lazy about seeing newly-released movies) & it was excellent. Paul Rudd was perfectly cast, and Jason Segel's UGGs were perfectly cast. I'm now also calling everyone "Jobin."

There were other highlights, too, but they kind of blur together with my memories of [blissfully] sleeping past 5:00 am and just bumming around [albeit, with guilt in my heart re: thesis]. Ah, spring break.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no! marquette! it was very important to me that they lost. though their uniforms are indeed beautiful.

Peach Pit said...

'Tis OK: I understand - I only rooted for them for one second after Wisconsin was out, hoping to transfer my affections to another Wisco-based team. But no dice. I am still looking for a team to cheer!
And more beer.