Friday, March 6, 2009

Man, like half of my links under "Friends and Neighbors" are now defunct. C'mon, guys: stop quitting your blogs! Also, update your blogs! I like to read them whilst at my office job.

A quiet, productive day. I deliberately prepared a shorter To-Do list, streamlining it to include only the most necessary of tasks. I still haven't taken my new (or at this point, "newish") jeans to the tailor. Where is motivation for alterations? Finished a full draft of Weirdos, Exes, Telesoliciters, Uncles (a short story I've been working on for, oh, the past year. Not continuously: in little bursts.), and now have to make my corrections to the electronic version. I make all initial revisions by hand. I'm pretty satisfied with Weirdos, satisfied too that it will be in the neighborhood of 27 pages. I never used to write stories this long(!) But now, I do.

Reading Nobody Belongs Here More Than You and am sadly underwhelmed. I don't dislike the stories - I found It Was Romance touching and concise and admirable - but the collection, so far, seems hit or miss. (A common complaint for me lately, I guess.) Am going to keep on keepin' on, though: I bought the book.

Listening to Jolie Holland. Thinking about my hurty teeth and what I'll wear to the party tonight. Enjoying the quiet house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

also not particularly excited by no one loves you. not sure why since i really went into it with enthusiasm, not high expectations, but a general willingness to be happy about things if that makes sense. sing it on the blog front, though the desire to blog waxes and wanes...

Peach Pit said...

I understand how that goes (the wax/wane of blogging desire) - I haven't always been the most consistent :/ But, I'm digging it now. I've set aside the July for a day or two - working on edits! and listening to lots of newly-acquired (not new) music - but I'm looking forward to diving in again.