Thursday, March 5, 2009

Go Places.

It has been a tortuously busy week, one during which I've had scads of appointments/meetings/obligations/usw., but during which I have gotten little actual work done. Tonight, I had a three hour meeting with the English Conference Committee. I'm not complaining about the three hours - we needed all of the time to rearrange panels, assign moderators, and such - but am lamenting my posture in that restaurant booth: I think I undid all of today's chiropractic therapy. I've hardly worked on my thesis at all (though I met with my adviser on Wednesday: does that count?), and now, instead of doing real work, I'm researching destinations for an upcoming trip Eric and I are planning. We're arranging a weekend getaway for my birthday/his birthday/our 2-year anniversary, which three dates fall within one week of each other. The potential destinations are:

1) Nantucket
2) Bar Harbor
3) Niagara Falls
4) Montreal

My personal favorite is Montreal(!) I mean, come on: Montreal. Right? He's pulling for Nantucket. In the interest of fairness, we've each chosen two destinations (he the former, I the latter) and are going to prepare presentations (handouts & all) on our locales of choice. !. If I knew how to use PowerPoint - or cared to learn - I would totally make a PowerPoint. In fact, I just might. After all, this thesis is practically editing itself.

News flash, y'all: this birthday is the big 2-5.

News flash 2: If I could make an unsolicited recommendation to any and all readers: Pilates will change your life. But who am I to talk? I've been to the gym once this week...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Three things:

1. I'll do the PowerPoint for you if you send me notes. All you have to do in return is make me one of your famous salads the next time I see you.

2. Congrats on two years!

3. Pilates does indeed rock.

Peach Pit said...

You're a Pilates fan too, eh? I love it!

I appreciate the offer of a PowerPoint; I've actually started making some good old fashioned handouts, though :)