Tuesday, January 6, 2009

For which I am grateful.

All of these good things happened today:

1) Eric made a successful (and delicious) frittata for breakfast. (Note: the frittata I tried to make a few days ago ended up as more of a "scrambler," due to the fact that I tried flipping it before the bottom had set. I would have preferred cooking the top in the broiler, but I have no ovenproof skillet. Yes. But, Eric's patience, coupled with my sub par flipping skills - a bit of the 'tata ended up on the counter - yielded an excellent second attempt.)

2) Second day of teaching went well, despite my being flustered for the first few minutes of class. (Copier mishap: don't ask.)

3) The campus bookstore was having a major after-Xmas clearance, so I got a book of short stories by Alice Munro AND a Laffy Taffy for $5. Holla!

4) My dermatologist concluded that the tiny bump on my neck is not, as previously thought, skin cancer.

5) Netflix arrived. Two discs of "How I Met Your Mother," season two. No work shall henceforth be done.

No comments: