Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday, Wednesday

It's a typical Wednesday: I'm sitting in Hook's living room, already in my pajamas (nothing says old person like wearing pjs @ approximately 8:00 pm, but that's cool: I've made peace with my advanced age), eating some gummi candies. By "some" I mean "lots of," but most people who know me are well acquainted to my consumption of candy. I found out today that we'll be having a three-day weekend(!), and now I'm wondering what to do with the extra day. Skiing? (I think we were supposed to go to Tahoe last weekend (and by "supposed to" I mean "had pretty certainly agreed to but then flaked at the last minute"), but Hook has yet to buy any ski gear.) Small road trip to local farms? (A coworker of mine is going to Nevada City on Sunday to attend a pig slaughter/giant ritual party; she told me that there are lots of nice, slaughter-free farms in Marin that I should check out.) Gym? (This will probably be the reality.)

The 100-mile diet is...going well, if you exclude all the non-100-mile gummi candies and Cheez-its I've worked into my recent meals. OK: the time for buckling down is certainly nigh. On the plus side, I ordered this book to help me learn to preserve the bounty of fruits & veggies obtained from the ferry building, and this book to help me better understand basic principles of cookery.

Also, I may or may not have covered this entire couch in sugar. Ooops.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ask Hook about the time we went to Peoria to see a movie and he started eating my Sour Patch Kids like he had not eaten in centuries.

Peach Pit said...

Oh, I will ask him! This sounds like my kind of story :)

ahook said...

Hey, Wolfman!

Unknown said...

That's it! I think you probably ate half the box before we even found seats.

Peach Pit said...

Also, this story was one of the best stories I've heard, ever.