Monday, January 18, 2010

Refrain: thank god for 3-day weekends.

For games night yesterday, I baked my first loaf of bread. I am not trying to toot my own horn here - merely stating the facts, people - but it turned out perfectly. Proof: the loaf in its entirety was consumed by four people. Today, I am baking more bread. Hook made rye crackers, which also turned out awesomely (though he would argue that the crackers' texture wasn't ideal, but I liked the biscuit-y quality).
I am mystified by how four ingredients can produce such delicious results.

You know what name I haven't heard in a while? Libby. When I was a kid, I knew tons of Libbys (Libbies?). Now? None. Bring back that name.

Reading goal 2010 is on track: I'm almost done with the anthology of Southern fiction I've been working on for a week, then I'm moving on to either "Eat Me" (Kenny Shopsin) or the 69 Love Songs 331/3. Running goal 2010 is not on track; my knee is still fucked up, and though I've been doing the stretches the PT gave me and slathering on muscle cream like nobody's business, the muscle is too tender to run on.

I might actually buy the raincoat I've been looking at online. Today's a deluge.

No comments: