Friday, April 24, 2009

I have half an hour until Ali and I are walking to the going-out-of-business Camera Shop downtown. Should I nap? Or read? I realize that blogging about this will not bring about a swift solution, but the dilemma is present in my mind!

Last Friday, I successfully defended my thesis. Lasers! Horns! Sirens! Life since has been pretty sweet: I finished sorting through my schtuff and have a fresh batch of clothing to donate, made some Zucchini Pecan muffins, and went to the Sox/Twins game in Boston. The game was pretty badass: Sox fans, diverse as they are, are the rowdiest group I've ever encountered. (I realize that my past experience has not brought me into contact with many rowdy groups, but still.) The weather was a little crappy - drizzly, low 50's - but we had seats in the grandstand and were sheltered. AND, I had a Fenway Frank, the most delicious hot dog of all time. Mmmmm, stadium food. This August/September, I will also be going to some Brewers games...
We like sports!

Aside: the Zucchini Pecan muffins were no less badass than the game.

Leaning in the nap direction.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Wooooooo!

Also, you are so lucky to have gone to Fenway to a Sox game. I want to see Fenway someday.

Peach Pit said...

Thanks! I totally stole your declarations of excitement, btw, but I did not think you would mind.

Though on Wednesday I would have preferred the climate-controlled comfort of the Metrodome, Fenway is pretty excellent. Go Green!