Thursday, February 5, 2009

One thing I like about winter is that it facilitates my self-improvement efforts. Deterred from my warm-weather habit of just bummin' around (walking, biking, sitting on a balcony somewhere), I have plenty of time to devote to such self-improvement initiatives as 1) reading a set number of books; 2) having stuff done to my hair; 3) working on the knitting projects I've started over the years; 4) paying semiregular attention to my blog, and other bloglike services. And so on. This is not to say that I wouldn't magically make the air 75 degrees right now, because if I would, I could. But I also appreciate this inside time which has allowed me to be so productive lately.

2 comments:

Paula said...

That is EXACTLY why I have got to get the fuck out of Texas.

Peach Pit said...

Heh. I hear ya: if I were anyplace warm, I could pretty much kiss the dream of graduation goodbye. So, I guess I'll hope for six more weeks of winter and then bum around :)