Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wings! Beer!

Yes, wings and beer were part of my last evening's activities (after my internship meeting, of course). The ole' house television was in use, so Eric and I headed to the Toasted Owl to watch the basketball game. Why am I writing about this seemingly routine activity? Because yesterday marked the first time I'd ever gone to a bar with the express purpose of watching a sporting event! Yeah. Admittedly, I did bring student responses to grade during the first half (I promised to hand back the responses today, and the ends of sports games are always more exciting to me), which action may have marked me as a "fraud." But E. and I did order buffalo wings and cheese fries, and I did drink a Bud Lite in solidarity with my fellow Kansas fans.

Now, it's time for class and I am eating some peapods. More later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Toasted Owl! What a great name for a bar!

Peach Pit said...

It is pretty great: the bar is horseshoe-shaped (kind of like the pub in Galesburg), and the decor is decidedly owl-themed. You'd love it!