Thursday, April 3, 2008

This morning I taught and then, still feeling sick, came directly home and slept for three.five hours. That nonsense behind me, I made applesauce, loosely adapting the most basic recipe from the Joy of Cooking. It turned out better than I predicted, though it's a little sweet - too much cinnamon? Vanilla? Next time I'll add even less sugar.

I started this blog on a whim. Why, you might wonder, would you start a new blog if you have a perfectly good one? I myself am not fully sure, but it might have to do with this new-season itchiness, or the fact that I post now (when I do post) for different reasons than when I first started blogging. I'll admit: when I first started my livejournal account, it was mostly a platform for bitching and/or drunken updates along the lines of "COLLEGE! WOO!" Suffice it to say that I still consume alcoholic beverages, and that I still do kvetch about topics widely varied - just not [as] publicly. In any event, I'll likely keep the ole' lj around, if only for nostalgia's sake.

The potential exists for a big weekend, if I can beat this unidentified illness: Emma's birthday party is Saturday night, and there are basketball games to be watched, hoops to be shot, plants to be repotted!

5 comments:

stefanie said...

dearest:

your (second) blog is adorable. also, i heart you big time. xo.

steffers

Unknown said...

Yay for new blogs!

Peach Pit said...

Thanks, guys! Who knows what this new blog will bring: who knows?

ahook said...

Good!

Did an older iteration of your blogosphere share the same background or am I imagining things?

Peach Pit said...

I think my livejournal has a similar background (dots? same color scheme), but you might be imagining things. But maybe not...