Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Decisions, decisions.

Friends, I'm at an impasse: I don't know what to do with my hair.

For the longest time (i.e., the last month), I've wanted bangs: swoopy, sideswept bangs that would miraculously stay out of my eyes. My hesitation? I'm not sure that my hair is long enough to complement these dreamed-of bangs. You see, my hair is still only a bit longer than shoulder-length. Yes: I've been growing out my hair for at least 1.5 years, and it's still only this long. Be that as it may, I don't want to look like a weird schoolgirl, or just someone with no sense of hair proportion.

My other idea is to have my highlights redone. I like highlights (even in the fall and winter, when even the subtlest light-tones are conspicuously man-made), and I know that having them done again would make my hair "new," which is probably what I'm seeking in bangs. What to do? I realize these paragraphs are filled with the abstraction of my hair: what it actually looks like. I could post a picture, but that would require me to take one/have one taken, and then upload it. BAH. This is getting too complicated!

Just expect that I'll be undergoing major hair renovations in the near future.

Knox people! Who among you are going to homecoming? (I'm not sure that people will answer this, but I thought I'd throw the question out there.) I'd like to go to homecoming, but am not sure of how practical the trip would be. Since I'm not old enough to rent a car, I'd have to coordinate my arrival with someone who could drive me to the wonderful 'burg. And, I'm not sure who's going. Still: KNOX COLLEGE AND HALLOWEEN WEEKEND!

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

I think shoulder-length hair is long enough for bangs, especially if they're longer bangs. They might actually just translate into another layer.

Keep up the good fight of growing out your hair. You'll wake up a month from now and it will be obscenely long: that's what happens.

Unknown said...

agreed about bangs. they work for most lengths. just the right mix and match. my hair is getting able to be stump ponytailed and i have to say i am sticking with super short asymmetrical bangs because they compliment my face and require that i can never put it all up which does a better job of framing my face and looking put together than an all up-do. personally i have become a major fan on the bang. i feel like an earlier long as possible and pony tail phase of mine was kind of a dark period. though you mostly got short hair maria, luckily. not going to homecoming. but i think most of the kids are.

Peach Pit said...

Thanks for the advice, friends ;) I have an appointment at a beauty school for a hair "trim" (which could include the cutting of bangs), and a full foil. New hair for the new season!

Yes, I'm glad I'll get to make changes to my hair: the growing-out process has been long and arduous.

Jeannie said...

One of my co-workers is about to graduate from the beauty school (the former Chameleon's in Noho, right?), I think next week. She does good work, especially if you're into funky coloring, and she's done a lot of the people at my work.

If you can ask for someone specifically, see if Liz Ramos is available.

Peach Pit said...

I think it is the same school - 58 Pleasant Street? Or thereabouts? Thanks for the tip; I'll definitely ask for her.